Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day +38 : Follow up

I am fine today. Today the blood counts show almost the same as previous, except TWC slightly drop and ALT increase. Doctor said he is satisfied with my progress, but need me to have blood counts twice per week. Today, Boon Tiam is my driver, helped to pick me up at SJMC.

9 Dec 20008 blood counts versus 4 Dec:
HB : 12.7 [12] ( Normal 13.0 to 18.0)
Platelet : 113[113] ( Normal 150 to 450)
TWC: 3.5 [3.8] ( Normal 4.0 to 11)
ALT : 147 [119] ( Normal 30 to 65)
Magnesium : 0.44 [0.55] (0.74 to 0.99)

Expected I need magnesium infusion for today follow up. Presently magnesium is available in liquid form. But Dr Alan said oversea you probably can get oral magnesium. These will help to save cost and time. As very time , magnesium infusion, it need about 2 hours. Let me know if you find any table form.

Today, I met young patient , Andy Gan, he have transplant for leukaemia in May 08, but relapse after 5 months, and he went for second mini transplant in October 08. Currently have GVH on skin, bowel and liver. His ALT figure shot up as high as 900. So, I presume as long as my ALT below 900, I should be OK. Andy introduce me to drink MONA.VIE, fruit juice comprise of 19 type fruit. Andy said it help to boost up the blood counts. By the way Andy is the International Distributor for MONAVIE. Those interested can visit the web : www.monavie.com

No comments: