Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day +28 Medicine Taking



I am fine today. I just back from 30 minutes garden wlak.
This is my Day 28 after transplant. My hair lost again due to conditioning treatment prior to stem cell transplant.Many people asked me what medicine I am taking now. So I will give you some picture about the medicine that I consume everyday. At Day +28 after transplant , 21 table per day consumption

Ciclosporin - 6 table
Fluconazole - 2 table
Antiaviral - 2 table
Prednisolone - 8 table
Nextum - 1 table
Supradyn - 4 table ( multi vitamin)

The most important drug that I am taking now is called Ciclosporin. It is used to prevent Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD). Ciclosporin is an immunosuppressant drug widely used post-allogeneic organ transplant to reduce the activity of the patient's immune system and so the risk of organ rejection. In other words, it carries a message to the immune system, “Good boy, don’t attack them, they are friends.” This prevents the immune system to attack the organs.However, this message might also make the immune system makes friend with real enemies such as bacterial, virus and fungus, resulting the patient getting infection easily.
Today, my appointment for blood test and addressing for my PICC port, which was inserted by a minor operation at my arm, these port can be used to repeatedly for drug administration, blood taking and blood transfusion. they are useful and could be kept for months, however they need to be look after as problems such as infection and blockage can occur. careful aseptic handling and regular flushing with heparin are part of essential maintenance care.

2 comments:

KC Foo said...

Daddy are you fine today?

xin yi

hackedagain said...

Good, you're getting better day by day