Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day +292 : Follow up

I am fine today.Yesterday
I went to SMJC for follow up. The blood test resuts :

My bloods test results on 11 August.Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.
Haemoglobin (HB) = 14.4[14.4] (Normal 13-18)
Platelet = 138[126] (Normal 150-450)
Total White Blood Count (WBC) = 9.8[5.2] (Normal 4 - 11)

The total WBC reading elevated due to steroid drug - Prednisolone, which use to control GVHD. Last follow up, I complained the problem of breathless, Dr Alan have ordered me to do X Ray and lung test. The X ray on chest show normal heart size, no evidence of heart failure, no focal lung lesion. However the lung test confirm I have severe obstructive lung defect.

Dr Alan confirm this is due to GVHD in the lung. He said lung is the vital organ, have to monitor closely. He want the follow up on two weeks basic, instead of one month. He changed the drug. I used to take cyclosporin to control GVHD, the new drug called Prograf. The good new is I only need to take two tablet a day, instead of 6 tablet cyclosporin.

Besides Prograf, I also given Thalix 100mg. Previously I take it at alternative day. Now, the dose is daily. It cause drowsiness, I have a better sleep now.

1 comment:

FONGMING said...

Good .... the platelet still below par, gotta get it boosted....