Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day + 553 : Depression

Today,I am fine.

Few days ago, while having a cup of tea at KOPITIAM, I have a chit-chat with an uncle. He is retired business man. He shared his life story. He is suffering from depression, had been thinking commit suicide. He made million of dollars during 80's, but later lost all money in market share. The alcohol poison have caused both of his hand always tremor. He have four children, however all are busy.

" Having you ever think about commit suicide " uncle asked
I said " No, never cross my mind at all "

I can't offer any advise to uncle, what I can do, is to be good listener

2 comments:

Anthony Tan said...

Most of the ppl at our age work for children, not for ourselves. We are busy and we will spend most of our free time with children, not with parents.

Without doubt, same thing will happen to our children. They will be busy for our grand children, and no time for us. (Worst, they migt be in oversea if till then, BN still in power).

Is a non-stop circle.

Human life is not much different than any of the animals in this world.

Sound depress? yes, but is a fact.

Good news is, some one has tought us how break this circle.

Another good news is, we have something to cheer up our life.......we have 1 Malaysia........isn't that a good joke? :)

Foo, call me up anytime when you want to have a cup of coffee in kopitiam.

KC Foo said...

TA,

I recall a photo telling, the kid is complaining his shoes not nice, but the other don't even have legs. So, 自足常乐