Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day +274 : Side effect of Prednisolon - steroid

I am fine today. I spent more time in the office now. Sometimes I spent whole day in the office. I am more actively involved in the daily business.

I have been taking steroid Prednisolon daily since my transplant as a measure to combat the GVHD. Currently the dosage rate has been reduce from 2 tablets to 1.5 tables per day.

  • According to document on the Wikipedia, the side effects of Prednisolon includes:
    weight gain
    facial swelling
    depression, mania, or other psychiatric symptoms
    unusual fatigue or weakness
    Mental confusion/indecisiveness
    blurred vision
    abdominal pain
    peptic ulcer
    infections
    painful hips or shoulders
    osteoporosis
    acne breakouts
    insomnia (sleeping disorder)
    severe joint pain
    cateracts


Currently I have facial swelling and acne breakouts only

The doctor start reducing my Prednisolon dosage. It can be life-threatening to stop the drug abruptly especially for those who has taken it over a long period of time. Therefore, I would expect it will take months before I can stop taking this drug.

No comments: