Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day + 312 : Follow Up

My bloods count today on 9 Sept 09.Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.

Haemoglobin (HB) = 15.1[14.4] (Normal 13-18)
Platelet = 154[150] (Normal 150-450)
Total White Blood Count (WBC) = 7.0 [13.3] (Normal 4 - 11)

All are within the OK level. Dr Alan said the reading show the blood count are stable based on the last few readings.

Dr Alan said my vision is slightly blur due to the water retention in the eyes, this was due to the steroid drug which I am taking now. Steroid always caused water retention problem in the body. The steroid is needed to control the GVHD. This GVHD is a bonus to kill the lymphoma.

The GVHD ( Graft versus host disease) cause dry mouth issue and also dry skin. I started having this problem about three months ago. It will take at least another 6 months to settle down. The major issue is breathless now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

KC, I found the complete set of 康熙大帝 already. I'm quite busy recently, thus have not fixed when to visit you. Do you like to get the books quick? If yes, I may arrange with Teck Ann to pass to him first.

KC Foo said...

Hiap Soon,

I am looking for this series quite sometimes, let Teck Ann get it from you. Thanks.