Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day +219 : Follow Up

I am fine today.

My Blood Count Today: 9 June 09
Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.
Compared to the result on 26, May 2009 –
Red Blood Count (HB) = 12.5[11.6] (Normal 13-18)
Platelet = 126[159] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 6.5[4.7] (Normal 4 - 11)


The blood count results are considered OK . Dr Alan Teh said the drop in platelet was due to the GHVD, which is good to prevent re-lapse of the deasese. Now, I am not too particular about the test figure, the most important is I feel better. I still have to take the Ciclosporin, the immunosuppressant that was used to treat GVHD. I have started taking this drug after bone marrow transplant about 7 months ago

I asked for advise how to reduce the dumbness of my foot. Dr Alan recommend to eat more banana and oranges to increase the potassium level.

No comments: