Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day +240 : Follow Up

I am fine today.

My Blood Count Today: 30 June 09
Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.
Compared to the result on 9, June 2009 –
Red Blood Count (HB) = 13.6[12.5] (Normal 13-18)
Platelet = 151[126] (Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 8.9[6.2] (Normal 4 - 11)

The results is pretty good, in fact it is the best I have so far. Dr Alan have started to cut down the medicine , as the GVHD is settling down, he reduce cyclyosporin from 6 tablet to 5 table per day, and prednisolone from 2 tablet to 1.5 tablet a day.

Doctor said my cancer is stage 4, it is quite hard to cure, the most critical period is the first two years where the relapse chance is high, and declare cured after 5 years. Doctor said I am lucky in the sense I have match bone marrow from my sister, and undergo the transplant on the right time. ( I am in remission after the 7th chemo and immediately I did my bone marrow transplant). I cann't complain much, at least I have gain back my life at this moment, I don't suffering pain, I feel the life quality is getting better and better. 自足长乐

2 comments:

FONGMING said...

"知"足常乐...:) Gotta catch up your mandarin a bit ..hhhh..

Great work, already getting better test result. Need to gain more weight lah.

Tomorrow we shall go to makan Bau Kut Teh in Klang ....yummy.

KC Foo said...

Fong Ming,

We have to do it silently, my sisters visit my blog as well. They will make a report to my big boss, my mum.