Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day +303 ; Follow Up

My bloods count today on 25 August.Readings in square bracket [] are result from previous test.

Haemoglobin (HB) = 14.4[14.4] (Normal 13-18)
Platelet = 150[132] (Normal 150-450)
Total White Blood Count (WBC) = 13.3 [9.8] (Normal 4 - 11)

The Platelet have back to normal, however the Total WBC is elevated further from 10 to 13. I knew this due to steroid drug I am taking. I asked doctor what will the long term effect, the answer is the bone will become weaker. However based on the current dosage and the duration, it shall not impose this effect for the time being. Recommend me to consume calcium as supplement.

I told Dr Alan my current major issue is breathless especially at the morning time. Dr said there is no quick way to fix this, time will fix it. Expect 3 to 9 months, things will settle down.

Then I pose second question, my physical strength seem to fluctuate , sometimes good , sometimes extreme tired. How can I improve this ? EAT WELL & SLEEP WELL, and don't forget to do exercise, walking will help to improve my breathing.

My weight is still around 51kg. My plan to push up the weight to 57kg by year end need to be revised.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A good dietician will help you to gain your weight.I'm quite sure about it.Very simple.They will just need to work out the calories and protein that you need.
Anyway the weight seems to be that important but to resume back a heartier physical is upmost important.
Pray that you meet your goal soon..Good luck!

yh

Anthony Tan said...

I think you should watch out what you eat. Don't eat the wrong thing just because you need to increase your weight.