Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day +99 : Follow Up

I am fine. Yesterday I went to SJMC to complete the IV infusion of antibiotic. A two weeks course. Suppose to meet with Doctor, however Dr Alan is too busy, ask me to come back today. Teck Ann will be my driver. My Haemoglobin is low, not advisable to drive, hope able to drive myself in the next two months. My legs is stiff and have to walk slowly.

Blood Count on 10 Jan 2009: - Reading within the square bracket [] depicts the previous test result.
Haemoglobin (HB) = 9.0 [8.9] (Normal 13-18)
Platelet = 165 [120] (Normal 150-450)
Total White Blood Count (WBC) = 3.6 [4.2] (Normal 4 - 11)

This is the first time , the platelet meet the specf. Doctor commented due to the infections, the haemoglobin take time to raise. The X ray show the cavity in the lung is getting smaller, infections is under controlled.

2 comments:

LH Goh said...

It's great to hear that you are recovering well :)

KC Foo said...

Lay Hong,
the infections is a set back in this transplant, doctor said once it is clear, it will remove my pICC pipe