Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day +120 : GVHD

I am fine today. Today mark 4 months after my transplant.

Again, Teck Ann was my driver for yesterday follow up. The blood count is about the same with last week. Dr Alan decided to removed the PICC pipe, as this may the source of infections as well. Right now, my left hand is free from any devices. Free to move. My next follow up with be at clinic, instead of the Chemo Day Care Centre

However the red spot is getting more on my hand, this is a sign of GVHD ( Mild GVHD is good, it destroy the bad cells). Dr can't reduced the drug, I still need to continue the cyclosporin and prenisodone.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kian Chai,

I'm really getting old to have forgotten passing you the books 2 weeks ago, or the alcohol erodes my memory. Do you read 卫斯理 as well? Some of the books are quite interesting: "Hair" talking about the original purpose of this useless stuff in human body by linking it to the religion; "Charcoal" is about the existence of soul...
Plan to drop by your house tomorrow night with Teck Ann, if you like, I'll bring you some Wesley series.

Anthony Tan said...

Toh, you are not old, you just drunk....you don't know what you have done.

KC Foo said...

HS,

Certainly, pls bring the wesley series.

Leow TC said...

Lao Toh,stop thinking of "bai jiu" you are no more in Shanghai....wa haha