Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day +127 : Follow Up

I am fine today. I have a follow up today, and this is the first time I drive myself to SJMC since my first Chemo March 08.

The blood count on 10 March 09:
Haemoglobin : 11 ( Nortmal 13 to 18)
Platelets : 131 ( Normal 150 - 400)
Total WBC : 4.8 ( Normal 4 to 11)

Overall the results is about the same compared to last week. This few days, I am doing more exercise, this may be the reason Haemoglobin raise. I have gain weight from 47kg to 48kg. I have asked Dr Alan Can I back to work by May, the answer is Yes. Alan said generally patient able resume work after 6 months.

I visited Hiap Soon's father at SJMC this afternoon. His father had recovered speedy from very minor stroke, discharged today. His doctor have asked a dietitian Ms Bee to explain how to lower down the cholesterol. It is very useful information. To control our cholesterol, eat more vege, more fruit, less meat, less egg, less sugar ( all cholesterol come from animal meat), Regular exercise and quite smoking.

No comments: