Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day +33 : Blood Count

I am fine today, Teck Ann had accompanied me to SJMC for today follow up. I must thanks to Teck Ann,he has been my driver for the last few months. (德安,谢谢您)
the blood count today show almost same results tested on Tuesday, except the white blood count drop to 3.9 from 6.8 ( normal range 4.0 to 11.0), and ALT ( liver) raise to 119 from 91 ( Normal range 30-65).

The magnesium level is 0.55 ( normal range 0.74 to 0.99), low magnesium level has cause my leg muscle cramp, I have magesium IV today. The low magnesium is probably due to Cylosporin drug.

Drop in TWC and raise in ALT (Liver), Doctor suspect suspect there may be due to mild GVH in liver. Despite the problems that GVH diseases creates, there is an invaluable bonus as the GVH reactions tends to destroy residual disease and the relapse rate of patients with GVH disease is lower. I am given Cylosporin and predinosole to control the GVH.

We met Lai (From Triang) today, his ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia) relapse after 2 years + Plus new disease -lymphoma. His spirit to fight the disease is extremely strong. Weekly, He or his wife will drive up to KL morning, and back to hometown evening, a journey probably take about 4 hours. I am sharing the transplant experiences with him. We both under the care of Dr Alan

2 comments:

hackedagain said...

慢慢康復吧, 朋友!

KC Foo said...

朋友,谢谢你的祝福