Sunday, December 7, 2008

Day +36 : First Chemotherapy

I am fine today. It is Sunday Morning, I have a donut and oat for my breakfast, follow by a bowl of mee after 1.5 hours later . Steroid drug keep me hunger most of time.

Continue the yesterday story, I have my first chemo treatment on 27 March 08, and discharged the next day. One of key drug used was Rituximab, it is Monoclonal antibody target on the cancer cell. Encouraging results are reported for treatment with NHL ( Non Hodgin Lymphoma) and in combination with chemotherapy has been shown to increase the Chance of respond rate and survival of diffuse large NHL in elderly patients. Doctor said the cured rate increase by 25%. This the most expensive drug which cost RM6000+ per treatment. I don't encountered much side effect for the first chemo. I will go through minimum 6 cycle of chemo at 2 weeks interval.

No comments: