Monday, December 8, 2008

Day +37 : Second Chemotherapy

I am fine today, continue my story at SJMC...

I have my second chemo on 9 April 2008, before starting the chemo, doctor need to check the blood counts, ensure I am fit to take the chemo. The blood counts confirm I meet minimum requirement with TWB 2.

Bloods Count on 9 April 2008:
Hb: 11 ( Normal 13 to 18), Platelet:111 ( Normal 150 -400 and TWB: 2 ( Normal 4 to 11). I discharged in the next day.
As the TWB expected to drop further, I was given growth factor Nuelastim, one dose of Nuelastim equal to about 8 dose of Neophogen, it help to boost up the TWB, which important to prevent nuetropenia to a certain extend and lessen the risk of infection. However they are expensive, Nuelastim cause RM3400+ per injection.

The bloods count on 14 April 2008
HB: 11
Platelet : 163
TWB : 0.9
So, I have to take the Nuelastim.

My hair starting to lose after the second chemo. Mum and I went to India Barber shop to get a clean cut. 见妈妈眼泪掉了,心底感到非常疼。

1 comment:

hackedagain said...

我真的很抱歉,太多的事情發生了。